Today Andy and I held Auditions for our directing shows Baby Food, and Wooed and Viewed. We had quite a lot of trouble finding a stage manager to help us run audtions. People kept backing down on us even untill last minute, but we were so thankful when Geoff Maus so graciously came to the rescue. Word of advice to directions with auditions coming up make sure you get a stage manager fast, they are very helpful and help the logistics of the auditions go smoothly and also may serve as a reader. Overall I was very happy with the auditions. I was very impressed with the talent that we had, which also made it very hard to cast. I always feel terrible when someone has a great audition and may be a great actor, but you can't cast them because they are just not right for the parts in your show. I guess every director deals with that problem sometimes. I find it very hard to say no and let others down. I think about their feelings and emotions too much. I need to be more of a director in that sense. Some more food for thought for future directors make sure that you are extremly prepared for both auditions and callbacks. Be ready for anything. Also be careful how you word things. I told an actor after reading at callbacks that he could go now, and I think he took it the wrong way. Looking back on it I should have said thank you I've seen what I've needed to see. I really regret that and wish I would have thought before I spoke. Anyways good luck to those who've yet to cast your shows. There is plenty of talent that Andy and I didn't cast and would love to perform in your shows. I'm very happy with my cast and I can't wait to begin rehearsing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment