Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Read Through

Today was my first read through for Baby Food. I was very excited and nervous' at the same time. I felt more comfortable because I have a stage manager to help me out with logistics. I haven't had a stage manager before so it will be neat to see how it works out. The read through went really smoothly. The cast was already making some really nice choices. We read through it twice and changed some things in the script that were outdated or didn't make sense. It was really good to see my cast so passionate about that show. After we were done reading and discussing, I had them do a little activity. Since I have to couple in my show, I had them pair off and come up with their back story of how they met, and also how they met the other couple. After they were done I had the couples come up one at a time and present what they had come up with. It was hilarious to say the very least. Even though the couples had very different stories it was very beneficial and awesome to witness. We then decided on a common back story. I was very pleased with rehearsal. I told my cast to try and start memorizing lines, since we are going on spring break and they will be taking a week off, so that when we come back we will be ready to start working it.

No comments:

Post a Comment