Monday, March 9, 2009

First Blocking

Tonight was the first actual rehearsal after a week off for spring break. I decided to begin blocking the show in tiny two page chunks. I first had the cast run through the scene on there feet to get it in their heads. Then I began blocking. I started by giving them beginning positions and some possible movements to be doing at the beginning of the scene. I would let them see where there body would take them based on the dialogue and then tweak, fix, or ask them if it felt right. When it didn't look right we brainstormed together some possible ideas that might work. After we had a basic structure for the two page chunk we ran it three more times in a row to really get it cemented into their brains. I was lucky because most of them had the first two pages memorized so it made it easier to play around with the movement. When rehearsal was over I told them to try and have the next two pages memorized for the followig rehearsal. I was happy with how things were going, and impressed at my casts dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment