Wednesday, March 25, 2009
MPR again
Well tonight's rehearsal was one of those rehearsals where I transformed into a director for sure. The last rehearsal we were in the studio and everything was going great. We were supposed to be in the studio again but something came up and we had to go back to the MPR. This had a huge effect on my cast. First off the first run was horrible. They were paraphrasing every line and they were laughing about it and not taking anything serious. This made me scared because they had been so on and learned their lines so fast and I was afraid that might have been a bad thing because they were getting lazy. After the first run I told them they all needed to take ten minutes and review their scripts. They all sat there studying there lines. Then we ran it again. It was better but it still wasn't working so I just stopped rehearsal there and told them to come back fresh for next rehearsal. I also told them that sammie the stage manager was going to be taking line notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment