Sunday, April 5, 2009
Closing Night
Tonight was closing night of my show Baby Food. I can't believe it is all over. Tonights show was very good and the audience once again loved it. I still think my favorite was opening night and I cant help to think it was better. I am sure every director is like that though. I mean nothing went wrong and the audience loved it but there was just something missing. I am very sad that it is over. We striked the set and in ten minutes flat POOF, my show was over. I had such a great experience with this directing show. I had the perfect cast. They really helped me learn that I can be a good director even if I am laid back and not as strict as some. i feel I really grew and expanded my knowledged of directing. I learned that I have good ideas and a good eye for details. I am also glad that I did a comedy. Comedy is what I love and its what I am good at. Looking back I am happy with all of my decisions and am happy with the feedback I was given. I am so thankful that I had a stage manager this time. I really think that made a huge difference. My past directing show i did not have a stage manager and it made it really hard to be looking down at the script all the time and also trying to watch what the actors are doing on stage. It was also nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of and here their opinion. I really think that after this directing process that directing might be something I would like to pursue in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment